Head of Biostatistics (Director/VP)
AL Solutions are partnered with a small and rapidly expanding Biotechnology company, focusing within the Cell & Gene Therapy space. We are searching for an experienced leader within Biostatistics to take control of their new department and to build the Biometrics function out for the company.
This individual will be part of a newly IPO’d organisation with a high platform that specialise within curing rare diseases. The company have a passionate and ambitious core and are therefore searching for a like-minded leader to support them as part of the strategic leadership team.
The position will involve working closely with external vendors + CROs whilst bringing the Biometrics function in-house. You will help to set-up the internal functions and have the scope to hire + build-out your own department.
- Act as the POC for all statistics related queries internally/externally
- Act as the SME in statistics, providing statistical leadership for the design of clinical development plans.
- Contribute to development of study protocols, SAPs, and registration documents.
- Mentor people working on the project.
- Oversee CROs.
- As the portfolio grows, you will be responsible for bringing the biometrics function in-house.
- Supervising the growth of the biometrics team
Qualifications and Experience required
- Extensive Biostatistics experience within the life science industry (10+ in the Pharma sector)
- Experience across all phases of clinical development and expert CDISC skills
- Experience building and line managing teams for several years.
- PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics/Applied Statistics
- Expertise in Rare Disease is preferred
- Prior experience with IND/BLA/NDA/MAA submissions
- Commercial awareness
- Fast-paced and dynamic working style
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you would like to find out more, please apply. Alternatively, speak to one of our consultants or visit our website for other career opportunities.