AL Solutions are searching for a Bioinformatician or Senior Bioinformatician to work within the Data Science team of an innovative start-up Biotechnology company in Cambridge.
This company are developing innovative medicines within the Oncology & Immunology space.
Your position will be to drive the development of computational tools and to perform data analysis to support the target identification and therapeutics development platforms.
- Drive approaches to translate human genetic and genomic evidence to inform target selection
- Develop statistical methods and algorithms for multi-omics datasets
- Manage the deployment of appropriate computational infrastructure
- Engage with cross-functional project teams and external vendors to support planning, execution, and to provide advice on the use of genomic data and analyses
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or a related discipline
- Experience with high dimensional data and machine learning for disease research
- Proficiency with programming languages such as R, Python, Perl, SQL
- Working understanding of common bioinformatics datasets (ENCODE, GTEx, TCGA)
- Experience working on target identification or biomarker/translational medicine
- Understanding of statistics and biological concepts as well as data science skills
Apply now or visit our website for other opportunities within the Pharmaceutical industry.