AL Solutions is representing a world-leading pharmaceutical company focusing on discovering and developing medicines that make a real difference to millions of patients. This is an opportunity for a hardworking and engaged individual to join a growing Clinical Pharmacology team. You will contribute as a Pharmacometrician supporting projects across phases of clinical drug development within the therapy area of the central nervous system and cardiovascular diseases.
Depending on your location, this role can be flexible with remote working, with occasional visits to the office in Portugal. Again, depending on location, the role will be offered as a permanent or contract position.
- Plan, organise and develop PK/PD research to support non-clinical and clinical development of new chemical entities with high therapeutic and commercial potential
- Develop PK/PD analysis, modelling and simulation strategies to support decision-making at critical drug development stages, based on quantitative principles
- Collaborate with preclinical and clin dev teams to contribute to the design, planning, reviewing and analysis of preclinical and clinical studies
- Support regulatory activities, such as Marketing Authorization (MA) processes, preparing documentation and providing technical opinions regarding pharmacometrics-related aspects of medicinal products
- Present pharmacometrics insights and results to non-expert internal stakeholders, co-author reports and publications
- Contribute to strengthening internal pharmacometrics capabilities continuously.
- PhD, PharmD or equivalent in a relevant field of science
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in quantitative pharmacology analysis, modelling and simulation
- Excellent management and communication capabilities to support internal and external stakeholders
- Solid knowledge and experience in the stages and requirements of clinical trials of drug candidate molecule, including the translational development from preclinical to first-in-human
- Knowledge and experience in WINNONLIN, NONMEM, R or SAS, PBPK modelling software and strategies
- Expertise with data structures expected for analysis in programs such as WINNONLIN or NONMEM and skills in plotting complex data to identify trends important for drug development
Desirable in the role:
- Experience in pharma, biotech or CRO industry environments will be highly preferential
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
AL Solutions are a niche Life Science recruitment consultancy. We place professionals across the globe for various biotechnology, pharmaceutical and CRO companies ranging from small start-ups to large global organisations.
If you’re interested, please follow our @AL Solutions LinkedIn page, visit our website, and contact one of our consultants at:
T: +44 (0) 203 778 1452