AL Solutions have formed a new partnership with a small full service CRO that building a new European based statistics team and looking for a Manager of Statistics to play a pivotal role in the development of this department. My client has recently acquired several organisations across both Europe and the USA this year and have very exciting growth plans over the next 12-18 months.
For this position you will initially be responsible for a team of 5 statistical programmers and also a small team of statistician based in the USA and have the task of hiring a European based statistician to work underneath you when you join.
My client is headquartered in the Netherlands, however they can allow home based working across Europe with the requirement to be in the office 3/4 days per month. A very competitive salary and flexible start dates can be offered, however if you can start in January that would be preferred.
- Ensure direct reports adherence to SOPs and other departmental standards/requirements
- Provide biometrics leadership and coordination across client and other vendor functional areas
- Manage project budgets, support financial reporting for studies, identify of out of scope work and provide leadership in change order process
- Mentoring biostatisticians and statistical programmers
- Assist in the growth of the department through training, recognizing gaps in process or knowledge-base of the biostatistics team, and interviewing/selection personnel
- Support the corporate and operational infrastructure of the company, such as SOP and process development
- Leading/Supporting the planning, management and execution of statistical and statistical programming activities for clinical trials
- Statistics/Life Science related degree
- Strong experience working in biostatistics within a CRO/Pharmaceutical setting
- Previous line management experience
- Experience dealing with regulatory authorities
- Previous experience working on blinded studies is preferred